Friday, September 9, 2011

I'd never keep them little...well...maybe.

If I could keep them little, for just a little while, maybe I would.  I have never been one that was saddened by my little ones growing up too quickly.  I've always been the one that is more excited for their firsts than I think they are!  Smiling, crawling (never a dull moment), clapping, walking, talking (never a QUIET moment), praying, noticing planes, hugging me because they want to, all those little things.  However, I do know that this world can be scary.  Hearts can get broken.  People can be mean. Failure is imminent.  That hurts a mama's heart.  I will endure the "teenage years" more than once in my lifetime, I do believe.  So, if I could let them grow up in the shelter of the perfect world bubble, I would.  But would that be living?  Would that teach them to lean on Jesus?  Would that teach them about the need for a Savior?  No.  So while they grow and I celebrate their firsts, I will pray FERVENTLY for their little lives while they are with OR without me. 

Dear Jesus, protect my babies, the babies you gave so graciously to me to hold for a little while.  I know that I cannot protect them better than you and I can't "worry them safe", but please wrap them in your bubble wrap arms so I can cuddle them for a little while longer. 

Pictures can keep them small and capture those precious firsts and little moments, even if time can't. 


Little Mr. Butterball.

Three Little Lady Generations


See...life is hard (but it's SOOOO good).


It was only yesterday...


No comments:

Post a Comment