Friday, December 23, 2011

Oh the belly bug...

Yuck.  I know.  I don't really enjoy posting that title, but it's true.  We aren't the only ones that have been hit recently.  My condolences go out to you. :)

Not that I enjoy spending my time cleaning up after the little sick one or tending to my own woes, but it does slow me down.  I didn't get to spend time out and about the last few days because who DARES venture out for too long when this mean-spirited bug runs through your system with a vengeance?  So we spent our first few days off from the real world at home, in our pj's, stressing but not really caring that Christmas chaos was mere days away.  What other choice did I have? 

Are my presents (and Santa's) wrapped?  Uhhh...no. Are we packed, better yet, are all the clothes fresh and clean straight from the washer? Uhhh...no and definitely not. Is my house company ready? Uhhh...out of all three, this is the closest to being there, but no it isn't.  However, we got to watch MANY Christmas specials thanks to our Netflix streaming TV (our new addition after the robbery) and eat candy canes, drink hot cocoa and snuggle on the couch (me, two kiddos and one jealous dog). 

So tonight...I will give Jeremy the option to help wrap or clean the bathrooms top to bottom, while I work frantically to pull a miracle out of Santa's red hat.  We will both pray that all are well in the morning, Christmas Eve, ready to play with friends, go to bed in new Christmas pj's, open gifts and head to church Christmas morning.

I'm singing His praises for these little ones...


Mr. Jackson...sick day...beating bad guys as Spiderman.


Sissy (Miss Kennedy) enjoying a candy cane on our lazy day.



My two little precious people.  *Sigh* :)




 
In my life, I find great joy in these small people.  I hope you can find joy, love and peace this Christmas and throughout the New Year.

Merry Christmas from the Barnard's

No comments:

Post a Comment