Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Year Ago...

A year ago today I went to the doctor for my baby checkup.
A year ago Dr. Ajayi stripped my membranes with a 50% chance of going into labor (I prayed I was in that 50%).
A year ago tonight we watched "The Polar Express", not knowing our little family of three was turning into a family of four...literally over night.
A year ago tonight I packed Jackson's suitcase for a fun-filled trip with the grandparents.
A year ago tonight I also packed a small bag for me and Miss Kennedy should she decide to make an appearance...two weeks early. (fingers crossed!!)

At 4:00, I awoke feeling weird.  I didn't really think it was labor, but I was hopeful so I started timing them on my phone.  At 4:30 I woke Jeremy up.  I didn't think I was actually having true contractions because they weren't really that bad, but I wanted him alert!  I hopped in the shower and BAM!  The contractions started coming.  I shaved my legs (who wants to deliver a mommy with scratchy legs?!), dried my hair and put a little makeup on all while Jeremy is running around the house getting things in the car.  We woke Jackson up and shipped him off to MeMaw's (his retired babysitter...this was about 5:15?) and FLEW to Lebanon St. John's Hospital.

Jeremy got us there in one piece, even if I frightened him with my "demon voice" along the way.  What should have been a 30 minute drive was considerably less.  He parked the car in the ER entrance, left it running with the doors open and ran and got a wheelchair.  He ran down the corridor to the Delivery Floor and dropped me off to wait for a nurse.  After waiting for what seemed like EVER, she leisurely wheeled me through the locked door and asked me to stand on a scale and be weighed.  Honestly...I could have hit her (or cried on her shoulder!).

Luckily my doctor was just getting off call and was in the hospital.  While we waited for him, I had the pleasure of having a mean ol' nurse in my face telling me not to push!  Later, I learned that I loved her dearly because she really was very nice and she really did have mine and little miss' best interest at heart.  Finally, I was given a spinal block (HALLELUJAH!) and sweet baby girl was born at 7:55 am, December 30, 2010, weighing in at 7 lbs. 15 ozs, 21 1/2 inches long and two weeks early.  We camped out in the hospital with numerous visitors until December 31st around 5:00.  Who can sleep in those beds? Oh, and YAY for tax deductions and one deductible! :)

Our lives have never been more full than they have been this past year.  We have two of the sweetest, funniest, most ornery but lovable kiddos around.  Here's a look back:




















Happy birthday Miss Kennedy Jordan Barnard!  May your life be richly blessed and we pray you follow the Lord's hand upon your life.  We love you pretty girl!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment