Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Tick Tock, Goes the Clock




Everyone keeps asking "How much longer?" 
I never have the right days, weeks or even months to tell them.  Counting days is too hard! 



So, today I sit and try to figure out exactly how many more...




* 17 more days to teach at my sweet elementary school
* 17 days before I turn my little ducklings free to become "too cool" 4th graders
* 5 days until we wrestle 175 third graders through the gates of a Springfield Cardinals game and remind 175 kids NOT to pick the grass on the field

* 4 more Sundays of driving back from a united weekend
* 4 more weekends of living with our parents
* 4 more weekends of scattering my kids' clothes here, there and yonder
* 30 more days until we (supposedly) close on our FIRST home!
* 30 more days until Jeremy has a massive coronary from signing our lives away! (okay, not funny...but kinda)
* 30 more days of packing up a home (oy vay!) and only 17 more to pack up a classroom and move it to storage!
* 110 days until I start teaching at my old stomping ground of California
* 110 days until we HAVE to have another babysitter (sniff!)
* 3 1/2 more weeks of missing Sunday and Wednesday night service at LBC

Wow!

Some numbers are staggering.  Others are exciting.  Some I want to make time stand still.  Others I want to spur along.

So many changes, all measured by time.

We've got this.  It's already been 94 days since everything changed.  Pfft-we're on the downhill slide!

And you know what?  We're okay.

2 comments: